We offer a comprehensive family planning clinic throughout the week with one of our Practice Nurses or Nurse Practitioners who will be happy to help with what you need, it includes the following:
- Provision of contraceptive methods; oral contraceptive pill/depo injection/contraceptive patch/nuvaring
- Fitting of coils/implants
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency Contraception
- Counselling and referral for termination of pregnancy (self-referrals can also be done via RVI termination line 0191 2829300 and Bpas 08457304030 both lines are manned 24hrs a day)
- Advice regarding safer sex
- STI screening including blood tests
- We also offer a free condom service
Please remember for patients over the age of 16 years that emergency contraception is available over the counter at local pharmacies.
Alternatively you can attend the Newcroft Sexual Health Clinic (website) - 0191 229 2999 for appointments or attend one of their walk in clinics Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri 9 - 1pm, Thurs 10 - 1pm.
Also streetwise in Newcastle (website
) offer contraception and sexual health services for 11 - 25yr olds